Today marks the end of my first summer as a teacher. It was a fantastic and full summer. Not that you asked, but here are some of the highlights:
- Del Oro’s Graduation made national news so we had to do it again a few days later. It turned out to be a good experience for my video team to have the chance to see their footage picked up by some big news channels.
- We took a couple camping trips – one to Morro Bay and one to Lake Almanor. Both of these trips were more restful than I expected as I was able to “unplug” for a few days (something I could rarely do with my previous job as a web developer.)
- In addition to camping, we went to camp. That’s right, we spent a week at a family camp called Forest Home in the San Bernardino mountains. We hiked, kayaked, climbed up a climbing wall, zipped down a zip line, slept in, enjoyed some delicious food and conversation, and Morgan even shot arrows with Anders strapped to her chest (they are both amazing.)
- The downside of camp is that Cormick broke his arm and had to be in a full arm cast for three weeks. He took it much better than I would have.
- We were able to vacation with both of our families.
- Morgan and Bracken have the garden going like crazy. We’ve got all sorts of delicious melon, tomatoes, squash, and even a few massive pumpkins.
- Two of our kids swam for the local team. They practiced every weekday and had a meet just about every Saturday. They loved it.
It’s back to school tomorrow but I’m feeling refreshed and ready to go. Thanks, Summer Vacation. I’ll see you next year.